- Garden Organic is the UK’s main charity for organic growing.
- Leeds City Council Parks and Open Spaces is the place to look for Council run allotment sites.
- Leeds Horticultural Society runs the Leeds Flower Show.
- The National Allotment Society (formerly NSALG) is the national representative body for the allotment movement in the UK.
- The National Vegetable Society is a UK charity dedicated to growing, study and improvement of vegetables.
- The Northern Fruit Group. Promoting fruit growing in the North of England.
- The Royal Horticultural Society has a wealth of information about all aspects of gardening.
- West Yorkshire Organic Group is a local group allied to Garden Organic.
Local Allotments on the Web
- Alwoodley Allotments
- Armley Ridge Road
- Burley Model Allotments
- Byelaw Men’s Field Allotments
- Church Lane Allotments
- Gledhow Valley (Chapel Allerton)
- Hollin Lane Allotments
- Roundhay Allotments
- Swillington Allotments
- Hayley’s Field Allotments
Easynets 5% discount. Use code Leeds15.
- Greenscapes Nursery, Shadwell. Big selection of lavender. 10% LDGF discount.
- Grow-Well Direct is the web site for Codnor Horticultural (Wholesale) Ltd, Ripley, Derbyshire. Trade prices for LDAGF.
- Kings Seeds Many sites put in a bulk order with Kings every autumn.
- Lumby Garden Centre, Leeds/Selby Rd, LS25 5LE. 15% discount on most items apart from garden furniture.
- Mone Brothers Ltd (Morley and Bramhope) Garden DIY supplies. 10% LDGF discount.
- Mr Muck Garden supplies, including mushroom compost.
- Red Hall Nursery, part of Leeds City Council. 0113 237 5210, LS17 8NB.
- Woodend Nurseries, Preston La, Great Preston, Leeds, LS26 8AP. 0113 286 2888. 10% LDGF discount.